Fingerprint sweep sensing
Capture d'empreintes digitales à balayage
Fingerprint sweep (or swipe) sensors is a subcategory of fingerprint sensors, useful because of its lower cost production compared to static (or area) sensors.
You will find below when theses sensors appeared, as well as a detailed list of these sweep sensors, sorted by order of appearance, and the associated products in the products with sweep sensor page.
History of fingerprint sweep sensors
- May: Thomson-CSF (now Atmel) demonstrated the FingerChip FC2x17, at the CTST'97.
- May: Thomson-CSF demonstrated the FingerChip FC15A140.
- May: Seoul University submits a paper about a capacitance swipe sensor (published April '99).
- July: First prototype from Idex on its first sweep sensor.
- May: Sannaedle / Cecrop demonstrates MyFin, a swipe optical reader.
- May: Kinetic Sciences demonstrates the KC-901 at the CTCT.
- May: Atmel unveils the FingerChip AT77C101.
- May: Kinetic Sciences demonstrates a new version of their swipe optical sensor (K-1000?).
- April: Idex & STm announce the development of SmartFinger.
- Sept: Fingerprint Cards announces the FCP1030.
- Nov: Citizen & IBM shows the WatchPad, the first watch with a built-in fingerprint reader, the FingerChip.
- Feb: Fujitsu announces the MBF300, and shows it at the CTST in May.
- Summer: Tima publishes about a sweep tactile sensor.
- Oct: I-Control promotes the ICS3000 / PDS3000
- Nov: Authentec introduces the AES2500.
- Nov: STm unveils a TouchStrip prototype at the COMDEX.
- Feb: Alps Electrics + Casio unveiled their "rolling-tube head" scanner.
- March: STm displays the TouchStrip on the web.
- May: Digital Persona unveils the Firefly, a sweep optical fingerprint sensor using a roller.
- Jul: Fujitsu announces the MBF310.
- Jul: Hitachi unveils the Finger Attestor, a swipe capacitance sensor.
- Sept: Melfas announces the MFCS1000.
- Feb: I-Control becomes Atrua and promotes "Atrua Wings" (ATW100).
- Feb: Atmel announces the AT77C104, the FingerChip with integrated navigation.
- Feb: Atmel announces the colored FingerChip.
- March: Upek becomes a spin-off from STm.
- March: Fingerprint Cards announces the FPC1031B.
- March: Validity unveils the VFS101 (USB), VFS131 (SPI) & FVS161 (LPC) (RF Fingerprint imaging on flexible tape)
- June: Authentec announces the AES2510, a swipe sensor + navigation, available mid-June, $6.
- August: Validity unveils more info about Chip-On-Film, Module, kits...
- Oct: LighTuning announces the LTT-S500, a capacitance swipe sensor.
- Dec: NEC unveiled a sweep sensor prototype.
- Feb: Atmel releases the FingerChip AT77C105
- March: Authentec unveils the EntréPad 1510, a swipe sensor + navigation, $5.
- March: Atrua announces the ATW200. No photo.
- June: Mitsumi announces an optical sweep fingerprint sensor, the SEF-A1
- Aug: More info about the Symwave capacitance sweep fingerprint sensor SW-6888
- ?: ElecVision released the EVS060A an optical sweep fingerprint sensor.
- Jan: LighTuning releases the LTT-SS500, a capacitance swipe sensor.
- Jan: Authentec unveils the EntréPad 1610, a swipe sensor + integrated matcher.
- Jan: Bellus optical sweep sensor.
- Feb: Upek displays the TouchStrip TCS4 on the web.
- Aug: Fujitsu unveils the MBF320 swipe sensor.
- Jan: Validity announces VFS201 & VFS202, Dual Line Imagers.
- Feb: Atrua unveils the ATW300.
- Mar: Authentec unveils the EntréPad 1710.